Color Line is Norway’s largest and one of Europe’s leading cruise and freight shipping companies with 2200 employees in 4 countries. Annual turnover is around Euro 500 million. Annually 3,8 million passengers travel with the company’s ships to and from Norway, in addition the company transports 900,000 cars and 180,000 semi-trailers. Color line operates 7 ships, on 4 international ferry lines between 7 ports in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Germany. Sustainability and a cleaner environment are strategic focus areas that will shape the company’s future development. Color Lines vision is to become Europe’s best shipping company within cruise and freight.
Color Line Cargo’s freight service from Kiel - Oslo v.v. is an important gateway to and from Norway for both cargo owners as well as transport companies.
We are seeking a Senior Commercial Manger, based in Kiel.
The ideal candidate has a commercial and hands on operation logistics background. Someone who understands the European freight market as well as short sea shipping. The person we are looking for is good at opening doors and building relationships, able to see solutions and create change to the better with both customers and colleagues.
- Key account manager for customers base on Continental Europe
- Thorough tactical sales work, with focus on leadtime, cost and environmental footprint, challenge customers to think new
- Be part of building and delivering on growth strategies and budgets
- Regular analysis of market and customer development and performance
- Travel for meetings and actively communicate with customers
- Oversee cargo expedition, cargo handling and ship operation in Kiel, assuring that Color Lines efficiency and quality standards are met
- Administratively responsible for Cargo employees in Kiel
- Higher relevant education within sales/logistics/economics/finance
- 10+ years hands on experience from sales and logistics operation
- Short sea cargo experience
- Good understanding of the European freight market
- Analytical, able to challenge and create consensus
- Experience with use of sales and analytical tools
- Experience from people management
- Excellent communication skills in German and English. Addition of one of the Scandinavian languages will be a plus
- Good documented results
- As a person, you are:
- Self-starter, focused on results
- Structured and analytical
- A good communicator
- Good with people
- Curios, not afraid of asking questions
- Ability to think new
- Ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situations
- Good with digital tools
Color Line can offer:
- A good work environment with engaged and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An engaging job in an open and informal work environment
- Opportunity to grow as a leader
- Challenging work targets with good personal and professional development opportunities
- Good Company benefits
We expect the candidate to identify him/her-self with the company’s values “We Care”, “We Build Trust” and “We forge ahead”
The position reports administratively to CEO Color Line Germany, and functionally to Head of Cargo Sales, Oslo. Close cooperation with functional leaders for Expedition, Operation and Customs Services will be required.
Please send your application including your salary expectations to email@example.com (max 4 MB)
Apply by 16.7.21