Color Line is Norway’s largest and one of Europe’s leading cruise and freight shipping companies with 2200 employees in 4 countries. Annual turnover is around Euro 500 million. Annually 3,8 million passengers travel with the company’s ships to and from Norway, in addition the company transport 900,000 cars and 180,000 semi-trailers. Color line operates 7 ships, on 4 international ferry lines between 7 ports in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Germany. Sustainability and a cleaner environment are strategic focus areas that will shape the company’s future development. Color Lines vision is to become Europe’s best shipping company within cruise and freight.
Color Line Cargo’s freight service from Kiel - Oslo v.v. is an important gateway to and from Norway for both cargo owners as well as transport companies.
We are seeking Freight Consultants, based in Kiel.
The ideal candidates have experience from customer service, and expeditions handling of booking, documentation, customs handling and space allocation. The candidates as well have a service mindset, hands on operation export/import transport background, with ability to create efficiency and results.
- Manage bookings and activities in relation to shipments of import and export units
- Operate the expedition counter, handling documents, instructions, and boarding passes. Liaison with customer face to face, by phone and by e-mail
- Interact with terminal stevedore management for planning and executing of loading and discharge
- Optimize each sailing by foresight and efficient planning
- Expediting customs documents for import and export cargo units
- Relevant education within logistics and customer services
- 2+ years hands on experience from vessel operation and/or expedition
- Experience and understanding of processes for booking, boarding and arrival
- Short sea cargo experience
- Analytical, able to optimize
- Excellent communication skills in German and English. Additional East European languages will be a plus
- Customs processing and handling background will be an advantage
- Good documented results
As a person, you are:
- Self-starter, focused on results
- Structured and thorough
- Have a service mindset
- Good with people
- Curios, not afraid of asking questions
- Ability to stay calm and focused in stressful situations
- Good with digital tools
Color Line can offer:
- A good work environment with engaged and dedicated colleagues
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An engaging job in an open and informal work environment
- Challenging work targets with good personal and professional development opportunities
- Good Company benefits
We expect the candidate to identify him/her-self with the company’s values “We Care”, “We Build Trust” and “We forge ahead”.
The position reports to Cargo Operations Manager Kiel. Close cooperation with colleagues at Booking, Expedition in Oslo, as well as Customs Services in Denmark will be required.
This position is part of 7 day a week operation and requires weekend work in line with the shift work schedule.
Please send your application including your salary expectations to email@example.com (max 4 MB)
Apply by 16.7.21